Why Choose PR Lettings & Management?
PR Lettings & Management are your trusted independent residential letting agency operating in Preston, Leyland, Chorley and surrounding areas.
We know that everyone is busy and our clients are no different which is why they choose us to look after and protect their property investments. Established in 2012 disillusioned with poor experiences in the industry PR Lettings & Management was created to focus purely on lettings and providing clients with an excellent service and value for money.
Property is an expensive investment and making sure that it is properly managed pre, during and post tenancy pays dividends in the long term. We are ‘Letting Specialists’ and this is our ONLY focus, offering a wealth of dedicated experience and expertise to our Landlord clients. This naturally includes the expertise to deal with the increasingly strict legislation that governs the industry as a whole.
We like to deliver a personal service, no call centres just our experienced team of professionals on hand providing the support and service when required. Everything is handled from one office ensuring you know exactly who you are dealing with and you get to know our friendly staff, this allows us to build valuable long term relationships with our clients. We take the same care and attention to your property as we do our own homes.
Our specialist local knowledge allows us to advise tenants and landlords on the best areas to satisfy their requirements and long term goals. This could be maximising rental yields, generating capital growth for your investment or simply securing a property that meets as many requirements as possible for a long term rental.
We are members of ARLA Propertymark who are the self-regulating body responsible for the overseeing member firms, as well as providing useful advice on upcoming legislation affecting the lettings industry, it means that all our landlords and tenants funds are held in a fully protected client account.
All our staff are ARLA Propertymark qualified and if not, they are currently working towards the qualification. We are also members of the Property Redress Scheme.
- Out of office hours appraisal appointments
- Professional grade photography and floorplans
- Zoopla and On The Market property portal marketing alongside our website
- Social media property marketing
- Out of office hours viewing appointments where required
- Rigorous tenant selection and referencing
- Detailed Inventory & Schedule of Condition with photographs
- Deposit alternative solution with Reposit
- Up to date tenancy documentation ensuring compliance
- Online maintenance reporting
- 24 hour emergency line for tenants
- Daily processing and forwarding of rental payments
- Monthly landlord client statements via our automated payment system, Payprop
- Payprop Landlord App to access your accounts anytime
- Regular updates about changes to regulations and legislation
- Advice and assistance through the legal team provided by Propertymark
Whether you are letting a property for the first time, or already work with an existing property portfolio, we are able to provide unrivalled expertise in our marketplace, aiming to maximise returns on investment whilst exceeding your expectations on all levels of service.
We cover a vast area through all the PR postcode sectors. Some popular areas we operate in include Ashton, Bamber Bridge, Buckshaw Village, Clayton-Le-Woods, Cottam, Euxton, Fulwood, Higher Walton, Hoghton, Leyland, Longridge, Lostock Hall, Penwortham, Walton-le-Dale, Whittle-le-Woods.
In recent years we have expanded, due to demand, into Blackburn, Burnley, Formby, Liverpool, Lytham, Southport and Warrington.
Our experience shows that both landlords and prospective tenants require appointments outside of the normal working day. We are happy to accommodate all appointments during evenings and weekends.
We understand that not every landlord is the same and all have different requirements therefore we offer four different services; Platinum (fully managed), Gold (fully managed), Silver (rent collection) and Bronze (Let only).
Whether you are an experienced landlord or new to the industry, if you are a hands-on landlord or would rather leave it all to us we have a service to suit. Whichever service you choose, we pride ourselves on offering great value for money.
Bronze Service - Let Only
This service is for the more experienced landlord that understands and can continue to manage legal compliance and prefers a hands-on approach with their property. The landlord would become solely responsible for registering any tenancy deposit and any issues that arise following the commencement date of the tenancy.
The let only service will provide you with the following benefits:
- Providing a property appraisal and rental valuation at a time convenient to you.
- Advice on the presentation and preparation of your property.
- Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provisions, lettings consents and advise on non-resident tax status and HMRC (if relevant).
- Property marketing, including a professional "To Let Board" where appropriate.
- Carrying out accompanied viewings with prospective tenants.
- Considering applications from prospective tenants and (if required) guarantors in order to assess suitability.
- Preparing and signing, as agent on your behalf, a suitable tenancy agreement and accompanying mandatory paperwork in accordance with current law.
- Ensuring that service suppliers details are given to the tenant (i.e. Gas, Electricity, Water rates and telephone Services, where applicable).
- Advice on insurance i.e. rental guarantee and landlords insurance.
Silver Service - Rent Collection
This service is for the more experienced landlord that understands and can continue to manage legal compliance and prefers a hands-on approach with their property but would prefer to have the rent collection process managed by us. The landlord would become solely responsible for registering any tenancy deposit and any property issues that arise following the commencement date of the tenancy.
In addition to the bronze service we will provide:
- Collect ongoing rental payments and issue a monthly statement of account to the landlord.
- Access to the Payprop Landlord App.
- Chase any rent arrears (where applicable) and provide advice on how to take action.
Fully Managed – Gold
This service is for a landlord that would prefer a hands-off approach with their property, or for a less experienced landlord who is not familiar with all the regulations and legislations of lettings.
In addition to the Silver service, we will provide:
- Taking a deposit from the tenant (where required) and registering under the requirements of the chosen deposit protection scheme.
- Arranging with utility companies for metre readings and local council for the transfer of service contracts to the Tenant at the beginning of the tenancy.
- Conduct quarterly property inspections and issue landlords with a report.
- Organising repair or maintenance, instructing a tradesman to attend the property, obtaining estimates where necessary, supervising works and settling accounts. This shall be subject to the agreed cost limit, however in an emergency; the right is reserved to proceed without prior authorisation.
- Monitor and maintain statutory safety checks.
- Arrangement of service contracts if requested by the landlord.
- Action against the tenant in the event of rental arrears or any other breach of condition within the tenancy agreement.
- Carrying out a full property inspection and inventory check at the end of each tenancy and dealing with matters relating to unfair wear and tear before releasing the tenant's deposit.
- Re-letting the property unless otherwise instructed by the landlord.
Fully Managed – Platinum
This service is for a landlord that would prefer a hands-off approach with their property or for a less experienced landlord who is not familiar with all the regulations and legislations of lettings.
In addition to the Gold service we will provide the following services at no extra cost:
- Professional enhanced property photography plus aerial photography (where appropriate).
- Floorplan with listing.
- Inventory & Schedule of Condition.
- Rent reviews and preparation of Section 13 Notice.
- Contract negotiation for tenancy renewal.
- Right to Rent follow-up checks where mandatory.
- Preparation of all evidence/documents should a tenancy deposit go to dispute.
- Preparation and service of Section 8 & Section 21 possession notices.
- Two void property inspections between tenancies.
- Arranging maintenance in void periods.